Newcastle Jets have withdrawn a breach of the code of conduct previously assigned to midfielder David Carney.
In light of the club’s decision, there will be no arbitration hearing between the club and Carney, as was scheduled to be held tomorrow (Friday 20 February) at Football Federation Australia’s head office.
Over the past week there have been substantial operational and management changes at Newcastle Jets – changes the club believes will result in a new and positive direction for the Hunter’s Hyundai A-League franchise.
Newcastle Jets Chief Executive Officer Mitchell Murphy said: “It is the club’s desire to work proactively behind the scenes with David (Carney) and the PFA (Professional Footballers Australia) and to resolve the situation in a timely manner.”
“We achieved such an outcome earlier this week with Kew Jaliens, and the club is also committed to continuing the process with Joel Griffiths, Billy Celeski and Adrian Madaschi,” he said.