Glory clamp down on partying after nightclub incident

League-leaders Perth Glory will employ a stricter night-time curfew for the remainder of the Hyundai A-League season in the wake of the Andy Keogh-Josh Risdon drama last weekend.

The Glory duo were in strife this week after they were arrested following a drunken night out after the 1-1 draw with the Reds in Adelaide last Sunday, with the club fining the pair for their actions.
The incident was disappointing for skipper Michael Thwaite, who admitted some of the squad had now agreed to an alcohol ban for the rest of the season to ensure they give themselves the best chance of going all the way.
“We’ve had curfews in place during the season, but we were a little bit light the last few times we’ve been away,” Thwaite told reporters on Thursday.
“Now that we’ve had these problems, we are going to be a lot stricter. Everyone agrees, and that includes the players involved.
“A few of the players have chosen not to drink at all during the season and chosen not to go out, and hopefully a lot of others follow.”
Asked if Keogh and Risdon were on-board with the alcohol ban, Thwaite said: “Whatever they choose to do is their choice.
“They are adults. As we have all done – we make mistakes and we have to learn from them quickly, or these types of things happen.”
Keogh had stayed quiet about his actions since Sunday, but read out a prepared statement following Thursday’s session.
“My actions have unfortunately embarrassed myself, my teammates, and especially Josh Risdon, who was caught up in this drama,” Keogh said.
“Above all, I’m deeply regretful and remorseful for the hurt and pain it has caused my wife and family.”
Glory will need to put those off-field distractions aside for a tricky trip to AAMI Park to play a desperate Melbourne City FC on Sunday.
Kenny Lowe’s side will be boosted by the return of defender Dino Djulbic from suspension while play-maker Mitch Nichols is also a chance to play as he nears a comeback from a hamstring injury.